Tuesday 16 June 2015

http://www.writersezine.com/2015/01/adrift.html


Poem 'Adrift' in Writer's Ezine got chosen for their Exceptional poem award.

Happiness is ....getting a prize when you never thought of even entering a contest..Getting published itself was happiness.The second email containing a certificate was a surprise to say the least.Writer's Ezine deserves a lot of good words for 'making heard', new voices and new thoughts...And of course to think of compiling the collections every few months into a print version.



                                                                         Adrift

 I sailed, I sailed
Like a little boat adrift
Sailing away from streets, cities, homes;
Far from the fake love of mortals
The waters were taught by the master
To carry with true love and placid joy

I sailed, I sailed
On his wondrous sea
To the silent shore;
I sang, with all my heart, I sang
I breathed enough air on this wondrous sea,
Till the green shores appeared,
With its peacock colored hills
And white jagged rocks;
I felt the people giving a funeral behind
Superfluous, for I was proud to die,
To untie the strings of my soul 
And to drift, adrift! 
In the little boat to sail!




No comments:

Post a Comment